Keep Your Kids OUT Of Hot Water...Put Them On Ice!
Bantam: age 14 or under
Pee Wee: age 12 or under
Squirt: age 10 or under
Mite: age 8 or under
Beginners: age 4-8
The number and availability of each level is dependent on the number of players registered. The goal is to place all skaters on teams where they will play against others of the same age level and ability.
How dangerous is youth hockey? CCYHA follows all USA Hockey rules and regulations and is committed to making the sport of ice hockey as safe as it can possibly be. The players are all required to wear protective gear. Unnecessary roughness is not tolerated, and checking is not allowed until the Pee Wee level.
Does the CCYHA have any all-girl teams? The age level and number of teams is dependent on ages and number of girls that register for each season.
Each skater MUST WEAR the following equipment when participating in games or practices:
1. Hockey skates
2. USA Hockey approved protective helmet with full face protection, of any style including, Full Wire Cage, Plastic Shield or combination thereof.
3. Ice hockey stick with wooden blade
4. Neck / Throat protector.
5. Hockey elbow pads.
6. Hockey gloves.
7. Hockey shin pads
8. Hockey shoulder pads
9. Hockey pants.
10. Hockey socks (matching CCYHA colors for game play).
11. Internal mouth guard, non-clear in color (mandatory for Peewee and above).
12. Garter belt (optional, tape and straps may be used).
13. Protective cup / supporter.
14. Practice jersey.
15. Home and away jerseys are supplied by CCYHA below Pee-Wee level. Parents are responsible for purchasing Lakers Jerseys after Squirt. Jerseys must be purchased as a group order. Check with the team manager at least two months before the start of the season to make sure you get your team jersey in time. CCYHA has standardized uniform colors of Red, White and Black, modeled after the Chicago Blackhawks of the NHL. Please keep these colors in mind when purchasing equipment, as this will allow our teams to present themselves looking their best.
How many times a week will my child be playing hockey? At travel levels there is generally one ice slot on Saturday and one on Sunday (often this is one home ice slot and one away ice slot). In addition to the weekend, evening weekday ice is used for practice. Practices may be full ice or shared ice.